Wednesday, December 3, 2014

William's Rings Quilt with photos

(Excerpts from a blog posted on the main blog January 2012
"2011 > 2012")



And then I finally finished William's quilt. Here is a picture in night time light.
And this is how it all began in July 2010. Fabric needs to be pre-washed.
The original idea. I couldn't find a pattern of interlocking rings to I had to make it up myself. I wanted to put a picture of somebody in William's immediate family into each ring.
A selection for Mommy Helen to choose from.
I already had talked about some of this in this blog.
The quilt was ready and only needed the pictures. Since the selection of the pictures was very involved, I decided that they would be added after the quilt was finished.
Helen is telling William who all the people are.
William is approving.
Helen is ironing the the pictures on.

Picture taken in day light. The navy blue is not so easily photographed, but just right for a boy. He is supposed to use it.
Another reason for ironing the pictures ... every year one picture of William can be added ... see 2011 with the date on the photo. All Helen has to do is send the picture and I can send the ready photo transfer back to her. When he is old enough, he can choose "the picture of the year". It should be fun.
When the family cuddles up on the sofa under the quilt, they can tell William about Aunts and Uncles, Great-Grandpas and about all the people who love him.



...




And since I had already started with my resolutions for 2012 before the new year (concentrating on finishing already started projects!) I finished knitting William's second pair of woolly tube socks. All I need now is a needle with a big eye to sew the ends away. I am going to make that list today and the socks and William's quilt don't need to be on it. Yeah!






No comments: