Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Quilt for Ute

(Excerpts from a blog posted on my main blog 9-30-2012 "England Day 3 + 4)



In the evening I used my time to finish the quilt for my sister Ute. It's a surprise but I can talk about it because she "doesn't do computers". I had worked on it last week and it almost gave me the fits but in the end I got it done except for the hand sewing part of the binding. She had told me some time ago when I had told her about the map I had used for William's quilt that she would like one too.
I found that a quilt I had pieced (2007) in Singapore that the colors fit quite nicely and it needed to be finished. It was my very first kaleidoscope pattern ever. Fabric bought in Singapore's China town.
I am so pleased that it is now finished and it will be mailed in a few days.

Sunday September 30
James and I were so pleased that it worked out that we could attend a Sunday service at St Stephen's Church. This is the church were he was baptized and confirmed and many other family events had taken place. While Jane was busy with some of her duties after the service I went outside to take a picture with Cui so he can tell William all about it. This is were we celebrated the blessings of his parents' wedding and his (future) mom looked so beautiful as a bride.
Aunt Jane said this was her Uncle Mike's doing ... the fire extinction tools.
The side altar. Lace pictures for my lacemaking friends.










No comments: