Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March quilting

Second Tuesday (I was barely back from the Asia trip but didn't want to miss anything) the CR Quilters meet. Janet was prepared to teach how to make a special purse with crinkled fabric. We brought our sewing machines and sack lunches. I did work on my BOM quilt though.
First show+tell.

Results of the "Sudoku quilt workshop".



Crinkling the fabric: you layer your fabric and the special material and sew either meandering or cross hash. Then you steam it but DO NOT TOUCH the fabric with the iron. You have to hover. The result is quite interesting.



Another show+tell. All half-square triangles. So interesting.


Thursday Stitchers! Show+tell as well. Sometimes the stitchers bring to show what they are working on at home (not for the charity). This is made from leftover Kaffe Fassett fabric. Stunning!


I found tHat the top which I had finished before the trip was now quilted and bound.



Done!

No comments: