Friday, April 17, 2015

April Threads

Several months ago the Church Mice gave us this Challenge:

We received 1 or 2 of these unfinished blocks, hand-sewn and quite crooked. You were supposed to make something new out of it using at least a little piece from every fabric. Here are my two old blocks.

 

 

I took everything totally apart and cut with a Dresden plate ruler.

 

 

 

I sewed most of them together (without sewing Dresden tips) and used a Block Lotto template to cut the flower.

 

 

My friend Janet W. Gave me some of her fabric crinkle material and I made the leaves. I enjoyed the process very much.

 

 

 

Second Monday of the month: Colonial Lacemakers. I had not worked on my pillow in so long (December?) but thoroughly enjoyed it. I am almost done with this project. I could not help with this one though. Our friend Lali was given this pricking without a photo of the finished lace or any explanation. The pricking is a typical Spanish one. Any bobbinlacer out there which can help?

 

 

 

Second Tuesday of the month: CR Quilters

Not sure why there was not a great turnout for this meeting. It was a rainy day though (?) those attending had a great time. Most time was spent on show+tell. So much eye-candy.

 

 

 

Marsha (we call her the appliqué queen) told us that suede fabric is perfect for little details like the cats face. You can paint on it very easily.

 

 

 

Some of the group are really into purses.

 

 

 

 

Margaret is also into Downton Abbey. She visited there last year.

 

 

 

 

 

I finished the CR BOM quilt top.

 

 

Second Tuesday: Church Mice

After the program came show+tell. Today was the deadline for the challenge. You have seen mine on top. Here are others. All so differently. Great ideas. I love it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Weekly Thursday Stitchers:

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: