Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June threads

June 8 - second Monday of the month - Colonial Lacemakers meeting in Williamsburg. It was lovely to see these friends again. I don't see them that often. And I came back very happy because ... look! I almost finished another Chrismon.


Finished it at home the same evening. Great feeling! I know the tread could be just a little thicker. Selecting the right thread is the most difficult part of bobbinlace to me. Since I have to change the size of the pricking to make it fit my advent calendar I can't go by the directions.


Next day! Monthly meeting of the CR Quilters. Show and tell! Sharon has made the wallhanging I am going to tackle next for my church's raffle but that will be a separate blog.




Lynda made a Spider-Man quilt for a nephew (I think?). Lots of fussy cutting.



Last month I had shown everybody how to make 4 log cabin blocks in one go (tutorial tab above). Here is a result. Lorraine (I think) made a table runner and a pillow. Seeing that made me happy.


This month' theme: Block Lotto. I have a good stash of orphan blocks, ha-ha. I also demonstrated the May and June pattern. You can learn so much from Block Lotto because the directions are so great.


Same day evening: the annual Church Mice potluck picnic at Bonnie's house. As always it was very nice. But of course there is always show+tell too.





Stitchers-for-a-Cause! Finally finishing another project. It started that somebody had donated 6 machine embroidered pieces I was asked to do something with.


I know one of the centers goes the other way. I was told I should leave it like that. Adds interest. I also know that top and bottom borders need to be re-done. I wasn't careful enough with those bias edges.


Yup, this is what I got in March. They were layered with batting and backing and sewn in triangles. What was somebody planning to do? I took them apart and then they "lived" in my basket for a while until I got the idea.



No comments: