Saturday, August 15, 2015

August Threads

And more Row by Row!
Bowling Green, Ky


Murfreesboro TN




Kingsport TN ... first stop on our way home (love that machine stitched waterfall and Sunrays).



Abington VA ... Second stop on our way home


Fairfield VA ... Third stop on our way home (I bet Helen will love the rowers).


After driving all day on Friday I managed to be at a quilters' yard sale in a church in Chesterfield on Saturday at 9am. I came home with two bags full of fabrics for my stash. Mostly pieces the size of fat quarters but others as well.
When I started sorting it for washing I found about a dozen pieces cut like this! What ...?


On the way home after the sale I made another Row by Row stop. Love love the Loch Ness monster. I wished I knew which quilt shop ... I was a bit disappointed about the bad display. Couldn't really see the top two rows.



This is my busy week of the month ... second Monday: lace day
The meetings are always nice but this one was especially great for me because I accomplished making another lace Chrismon. I am so happy.



Tuesday morning: CR Quilters
I had been undecided for too long what to do about the meeting but then had an idea about two mini lesson topics.
1. A good idea how to make the August Block Lotto easier. Worked great!
2. I had seen a black+white 4-squares stack+whack caleidoscope quilt at a quilt group meeting, liked it very much and wanted to try it. At the quilters' yard sale I found a larger piece of fabric with a big black and white pattern. Perfect!
If I ever have some spare time I will write a little tutorial. I don't want to forget how I did it!


Show and tell



This is a runner which goes across the bed.


Table runners in progress. The lesson from the last meeting.



This is the August Block Lotto which I finished once I was home. If you like this pattern you might want to save it because next month it's a different one.


On Thursday at the Stitchers we did a "group project" (once a year). We made little gowns for preemie babies in the NICU. There where four different patterns: 1-3 lbs, 3-5 lbs, 5-8 lbs and 8-10 lbs. they all still need the Velcro but they are so cute. I loved this project, especially as a grandmother of a wonderful little boy who once was a preemie.


Not much more at the moment. I washed all the fabric. Now I am straightening, ironing and working on my queendom!


No comments: