Sunday, March 20, 2016

March threads

Not much to report this month. I have done a lot of sewing lately.
One of my efforts are in the previous post. I think I was a bit obsessed with the curved logcabin blocks. I am sure there us a whole quilt in the future.
I am very happy with the piecing of this top. It's ready to be quilted. I promise a better picture when it's done. The colors are not true in this one.


This month's BLOCK LOTTO block is the violet. This time 6 inches finished size. This was the same pattern but 8 inches when I participated for the very first time August 2011. Really like this pattern.


I somehow didn't make it to any quilt group meetings this month except for the CR quilter's. Becky and Janet showed us how to turn an old sweatshirt into a beautiful jacket. I do understand the process but have not made any progress. The weather has turned warmer now and the motivation is gone. I thought it was a good lesson though.



I did manage to work with the Stitchers on the Thursdays though. And there is always eye-candy. Here is an example how to liven up a quilt with plain straight edge pieces with some appliqué on top.


This is a very easy and quick pattern but because of the exquisite fabric really special.


March 19
I didn't realize that today is National Quilting Day (celebrated every year on the 3rd Saturday in March). When I googled on it I found that it also seems to be celebrated as Worldwide Quilting Day.
So we were very timely changing out the high hanging quilt again. This one is my second version of a 4-pattern-repeat stack&whack. It's the first time I put blocks "on point".


Happy National Quilting Day!

No comments: