Monday, January 8, 2018

More Postcards

Love doing these. It's my moment of play and relaxation between work.

At the January CR Quilters meeting I will pass along what I know and have learned about it. So, I decided to make a few more samples. I suggested to the group the "Valentine's theme".

I had read that you can also use index cards (or similar) instead of Peltex. That was my first new try. Well, yes, but I had to glue two more index cards over the first one to make it stiff enough. I also did not a very good job on the front. That probably could be improved though.


Having the index card on the back to write on is very nice though. Writing is easier.



Next: Not having a pattern my proportions are all wrong. I decided that doing real free motion quilting (little hearts) is good practice. Ha-ha, turns out to be more then just play.


Google free clip art hearts and ideas like this come up: Appliqué!


Another idea: Machine embroidery. Not perfect but quite cute (I think).


At the moment my favorite. Strip-pieced heart, cut out and appliquéd. I got fond of the shadow quilting. For the fun of it I mailed it to James to thank him for all the support he gives me with my hobbies. When it arrived five days later I asked him whether I could keep it. Really?


Hope I have lots to share after tomorrow's meetings.



No comments: