Thursday, March 1, 2018

NQC Block # 1 and 3

I have blogged about my NQC block # 1 HERE!

After I had done block # 2 (I blogged about that too) I had to do # 1 again in the colors of "the quilt". I have to say that I was rather pleased about it.


After quite some time I just was finally able to tackle block # 3. And the making stretched over several days whenever there seemed to be a minute.

I got stuck here. Which way to turn the HST in the middle? I was leaning towards one idea but asked James for his opinion. He keeps claiming that he has no artistic ounce in his body but I just plainly asked "what do you like better". He (luckily) had the same idea as I. The left side. He even offered a reason: "It is more interesting making another square.


Yes, not bad.


And here are the first 3 on the design wall. I am "only" 5 blocks behind because they are being posted every Thursday.


Btw. they are 16 1/2 x 16 1/2 inches square (unfinished).

Off to tackle block # 4.

No comments: