Friday, March 16, 2018

NQC Block # 6

Yes, yes, yes. This is not the only thing I am behind. But last night I finally got around to finish block #6. As always I did my coloring first and this is what I came up with.


8 flying geese 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches made with background rectangles and 2 1/2 inches corner blocks.


4 flying geese 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches made with a blue rectangles and 2 1/2 inch background fabric corner blocks.


4 background 2 1/2 inch squares for the corners and 1 center 4 1/2 inch square .


4 squares 4 1/2 inches assembled a bit more complicated:
The dark blue 5 inches square.
The light blue 2 squares 4 1/4 inches cut diagonal each.


Add the 4 triangles to the square and cut diagonally into 4 new triangles.



Cut from the third fabric 2 squares 5 x 5 and cut diagonally. Attache the 4 triangles to the other 4 triangles. Trim to 4 1/2 inch squares.


Make 4 squares 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches with background 3 1/4 square and corners.
From 2 different blues cut a 3 inch square each and cut diagonally. 


All those triangle corners. First I fumbled with them to get them lined up properly. Good gracious, at one point the lightbulb went on. 
Fold the square on each side to make a crease in the middle of each side.
Fold the triangle and make a crease on the alongside.


When you make sure that the "ditch" is on the top side of the square and the underside of the triangle they nestle really nice into each other (right sides together). It makes the whole thing so much faster.


And here are my 6 blocks (of the 9) so far. 16 inch blocks (finished) are really large. They take a lot of space on my design wall. But I need to look at them when I try to figure out the next one.



No comments: