Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Charity Blocks

Somehow I came across the Covered in Love blog and the Love Block Drive!

Did you go to the links and read about it? Good, I don't have to write the details then. It is a very good cause. I thought it would be nice to help.

This block drive will run until the end of April. Any one can participate and you can pick and choose the block drives throughout the year that you want to do, there's a new one every 2 months!  If you'd like to send in blocks please leave a comment or email me to get the address (coveredinlovetx@gmail.com) and have them in the mail by May 1.

I looked at the directions and they are very easy. But ... of course ... I immediately thought that I would do it differently. Every block has many ways to do it (just like meatloaf ha-ha).

This is the first block I sewed. Btw all of them are done with stash. All of it is blue. Sorry the photos are not very good.




It's so quick to make that I decided to take photos to write "my" directions.
For the charity you are supposed to use blue. Any and all shades of blue.
For each blog you need only two fabrics, one print and one solid.
From each fabric cut: 
1 square 6.5 inches and
1 square 7 3/4 inches 


Use the two large squares (one from each fabric 7 3/4 inches) and make 8 HST using the 8HST-at-a-time method. I have a link under the Tutorial tab at the top. 



If I am doing the sewing and cutting and pressing carefully I don't even have to trim the HST except the little tips.
But I guess you could cut the large squares a little larger and then trim each HST if you want to.

Lay everything out like the picture and sew. The sewing of this one I have to do tomorrow though. Time to go to bed. It's after midnight.


Sewing the squares together is fast. I wished I had the time to make a whole quilt right now. If I had a fourth block the star in the middle would be obvious.


I made a PDF to have printable directions. CLICK HERE if you would like it.



No comments: