Monday, March 26, 2018

One pattern - many names

I can't believe it. When I posted my last blog on the NQC FaceBook site it generated 3563 looks in just one day, less than 24 hours. And ... now I know what that unit/quilt-pattern is called:

Cat's Cradle
Grandmother's Choice
Shaded 4 Patch
Mary's Triangles

Thank you to all who contributed that information. Another reason to like today's gadgets.
I have googled on all of them and was amazed about the diversity. What a find!

And here is the funniest part: The very first quilt I have ever ever EVER made is done with LOTS of these. Actually nothing but these. We lived in Singapore for a short time and I had just met this group of wonderful ladies who were quilters and met every Thursday in each other's houses. To be invited in a foreign country to privat houses is the ultimate treat for me. Living in Paducah, Kentucky, I had said that I would never be a quilter because I am a lacemaker. Well, what can I say? I got infected. One in this group showed us all how to do this pattern. We brought our machines and actually did sew. I still have the pattern. It is not copyrighted and I can not find it anywhere on the internet now. It has the big headline of Scrappy Numbers on top. Underneath: By Ann Herrick. And then: No.1 Goosefoot

And this is it! Number 1 of 9 quilts I pieced in Singapore in 1 year. Quilting came much later. Some I quilted myself like this one, some I quilted by check.


You can see more of my Singapore efforts HERE!



No comments: