Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Sewing lately?

Not much!

Here is a partially done quilt I was working on at the Thursday Stitchers charity sewing. I had cut out enough flowers and leaves to do flowers all over the whole quilt but when I had two rows put together it just didn't look good. Too much. Plan B - to just have green in-between some flowers. Hope I can see it when it is quilted. I am not always seeing my finished quilts.


I did spent quite some time working on the Cotton Robin. Had received a center and added the first border around. I am so pleased with what I did. I just hope the owner will be when she receives it finished in a couple of months. Bummer that I can't show it to you ... yet. And it is on its way to England for the second border.

The April Block Lotto is "scrappy". Here is my effort. Color guidelines: Background should be yellow. Everything else goes. My star point might should be scrappier but I couldn't help myself.


Today I went to my first hands-on quilt workshop. I have been to several lectures at lace groups before but nothing like this. It was fun. Rachel from Staunton VA talked about "Scrapology", which was funny since I just had made the scrappy Block Lotto block. Towards the end of the time everybody brought their products to a table and Rachel discussed all the possibilities what to do with these pattern. She encouraged to not relay on a pattern but just take the basic and run with it.







I decided what I have to do with my leftovers, get organized and save space. All I need now is some time (big grin over my face and giving a sigh).


No comments: