Sunday, January 18, 2015

Helen's Block Lotto Sampler 2012

Thursday

I told in one of main blogs that I am in Nashville and that I had a quilt top finished ready for the longarmer. I suggested to Helen to finish her sampler because I wanted to pay for it to get quilted as a birthday gift. Both quilts were quilted and I picked them up on Monday.




I did the trimming and today Helen sewed the sleeve for hanging and the binding on. Her comment: it's a good time for hand sewing the binding because it's too hot in summer. Nice and cozy this time of the year. The size is about 55 x 77 inches.

James and Helen are holding it up so I can take a good picture. Top and bottom rows are the monthly blocks in the order of the year. She made 4 of each month's pattern. She stuck to the color scheme given with the "rules" for each month. That's why it is so vivid and lively. I usually use more subdued colors myself but I so love this one!!!


Well done, Helen! It was a learning experience for you but you sure took each step. Mutti is proud of you. And your grandmother Oma Ulla is looking down from heaven very happy.

If you want to know more about BLOCK LOTTO click here.

For the 2012 patterns click here.

No comments: