Monday, October 26, 2015

October threads

No September threads since I was in Europe pretty much the whole month. The Colonial Lacemakers had a lot going on and I really missed being a part of it. Missed my sewing friends too.
But then there was the CR Quilter's meeting on Oct 13. The 9 of us had a great time learning from each other and sharing. I explained what I learned doing the September (Tulips) and October (Twinkle Star) Block Lotto patterns. Everybody liked them. I also shared my black+white almost finished stack and whack.


Janet talked about the November project which we will do at her house next month.


Jane is our oldest member with 90(+?) years but she has a great sense of colors and everybody always loves her creations.




The Church Mice Quilting Group met as always same day in the evening. Interesting show and tell.


Because all know that I am a lacemaker somebody had brought this. She had found this between the layers in an old frame. Handmade Honiton lace. How lucky!


Sometimes there is show and tell at the Thursday Stitchers too. All hand appliqué and hand quilting.



Sharing my personal finished top.


My present project at the Stitchers. Same technique as the black and white above, just different fabric. The big piece in this photo is the original fabric. Above three stack+whack blocks.


Because of the 4 identical squares you have to choose from for possibilities for each block. Just turn the squares.





And this is it for this month so far.

No comments: