Monday, September 12, 2016

September lace and Virginia Fair

Monday September 12th

The monthly meeting at Christine's was very nice. So much is going on in my life at the moment. I hadn't touched lace in a while so this felt very good.
I thought the picture of the "abandoned" pillows was funny. A tour of the glass workshop and lunch!




The hostess always spoils us with dessert. Yummy!





And yes, we really did make lace.

Wished I could show you my finished piece, but it is not finished ... yet.













Saturday September 24

The Colonial Lacemakers demonstrated how it's done in historic Williamsburg. Because of the birth of the twins I couldn't participate but James and I briefly went to have a look (because we also needed to got to the Outlet mall). I was very proud of my friends. There seemed to be a lot of interest.










Wednesday September 28

The Colonial Lacemakers were asked to demonstrate lacemaking at the Virginia State Fair.




















We set right next to the exhibition of the quilt entries.
























It was a horrible day weather-wise. We were cold, because of the rain there were not many visitors and the drive home was scary. It is always nice to spend time with friends though.

No comments: