Wednesday, December 14, 2016

October + November threads

I think I came to a screeching hold on this site. Now I try to decide what pictures/stories/happening concerning "Threads" I should share.

October 10  - - -  We went to the Homeplace 1850s in the Land between the Lakes in Western Kentucky. Helen and I of course where very interested in the quilts and the samplers. Loved studying those.





















November 2  - - -  The Hospitality Richmond Quilt Group meeting had an interesting program. A couple showed a vast number of quilts they have made together. Difficult to decide which ones to show. I liked the interesting setting of the cathedral quilt, something modern, interesting quilting.





November 8  - - -  CR quilters meeting

Janet's Row x Row


Some of my fabric ornaments (for gifts)


Wreaths I made for the St Martin's bazaar. Both sold. Can be hang on doors or used as table center pieces with candles in the middle.


Phoebe is a hand quilter. Impressive work.



Joyce showed us an "old" quilt with a very interesting label.




November 14  - - -  Colonial Lacemakers' meeting. Our newest member Anneli has only started to learn making bobbinlace a few weeks ago. Very impressive. 



Some progress by others!



December  - - -  All the meetings are party, party, party! You find those on my main blog (top right tab).




2 comments:

Annas Nadelbuch said...

Liebe Crista,
traumhaft schöne Quilts und Handarbeiten sehe ich bei Dir.
Deine kleinen Fröbel Sterne aus Stoff sind wunderschön !
Ein friedliches Weihnachtsfest wünsche Dir Carmen

Christa said...

Danke, Carmen. Wenn der Tag nur mehr Stunden hätte...
Ich sehe gerne was andere gemacht haben, freue mich mit ihnen, und träume was ich machen werde wenn...