Monday, September 3, 2018

The quilt Adventcalendar with Lace Ornaments

I can't believe it but I never posted my whole Adventcalendar here. I had to take these photos in May because somebody in Germany needed them.

The quilt itself is very easy. Different squares of green and beige fabric 5 x 5 inches, some HST. That's all. Oh yes, the stem and the border. After sewing the squares are 4.5 x 4.5 inches which made the quilt about 53.5 x 59 inches. If one wants a different size quilt, just calculate the size of the squares.

The dots in the photos are 24 round faceted glass beads sewn on to tie the ornaments to. I left them there for the rest of the year because they look a little like dew.


Circles have the numbers 1 to 24 ironed on.



Starting on December 1 the circle with the number of the day is turned around. My advent calendar gives me great joy every year.


These 24 ornaments are all Chrismons, Christian Symbols. The majority of the designs are from my friend Brigitte Bellon. Her name is known by all lacemakers world-wide. This project took me several years... while I also was working on the beaded ornaments. Brigitte supplied me with another design every so often.

Christmas is going to be here quicker than we think. So I thought I share this with you. Just in case ....


With great happiness did I learn that the patterns are going to be published by the
Deutscher Klöppelverband e. V.That's why my photo was needed for the front page. I can't wait to see it when it is finished.


In the meantime, Brigitte had given me permission to publish. And of course, some of the designs are my own. You can find them all HERE!


If you have any questions or you are going to use any of the designs, I would be very happy to hear from you.



1 comment:

sophie said...

Beautiful! I might need one of these ...