Wednesday, July 20, 2016

May and June Threads

I won the October Block Lotto. That was fun. Once all blocks had arrived (from all states and as far away as Australia) I put them randomly on a design wall. Wasn't sure what I was going to to with them.


In May I took them to Nashville with me because I thought I might have some time to play with them there. I put them on the design wall and never changed anything. Liked this lay-out right away.


But I thought they needed sashing. 


So I did. I made myself a color chart for the corner stones.



And since timing was right I had it quilted by my Nashville longarmer and bound and hung in no time. I am very pleased with it. Still have to do the hand sewing and will take a better picture when it is hanging in Richmond. This picture was taken in Nashville.


I also finally finished my "Beaver quilt", made in honor of the beaver who cuts down one tree after the other near the creek behind our place in Nashville.



While in Nashville my grandson William wanted me to make him a tatted butterfly. I can't remember how that came about but I decided to try to make one with glow-in-the-dark thread. I think it turned out pretty good.




Otherwise ... I missed a lot of the group meetings in May. Family first!

June started with a lacemaking demonstration in the Williamsburg Library. My lacemaking friends had done a great job organizing and decorating the glass show cases for the month. I didn't do a good job taking pictures though. I was just happy to be able to participate Saturday June 4th. It's always fun getting together.






June Block Lotto! Quite challenging but I had to try it.



Show and tell at the CR Quilters meeting. 
Here is Sharon's runner made with last year's Row by Row license plates.



I always love to see Jane's color choices.






And soon there will be the big reveal of the Cotton Robin!!!


No comments: