Wednesday, June 20, 2018

6 Heads / 12 Blocks (ROM) - June

I have not sewn much lately. If you follow my main blog you know why. My knee is really giving me problems right now and I can't hike or even have a walk in the neighborhood (I am trying to do something about it though). So, there is my excuse to sew instead doing other work!

First thing I did: Do the last project for this year's Cotton Robin. Deadline is when we are gone so it had to be done before we leave. The center with 2 borders needed to be layered, quilted and bound (with hanging sleeve). It is done and will be mailed today. Tough part: I can't show any photos of it ... or my center ... or the first border I did ... or the second border I did ... before the BIG REVEAL. Had to keep quiet about all of that. It was so much fun!!! (The doing not the waiting)

So, with that finished I tackled the June Row from Germany.
You find the pattern of the HALF RECTANGLE TRIANGLES here.

The patterns are all written and explained very well. The photos are almost all you need. This time I had a senior moment though. Just couldn't see something until suddenly it jumped out at me. I did change though how I arranged the row. Another participant (thank you, Andrea W.) had shown her row on FaceBook and that's how I wanted to do mine too ... and did!


January to June so far:



If I had to start over again I probably would choose different colors. But not knowing what the next block/row will be and/or the whole thing will look like does make that a bit difficult I think.

I always have to keep in mind that the 12 rows at the end will not be assemble in month order and most likely have sashing in-between. But I think it is quite interesting.


2 comments:

Lin said...

Looking great Christa - and presumeably you can change the order of the rows so that the colours make more sense? xx

Christa said...

Thank you!
Yes, see last sentence.
But first 6 more rows.