Friday, August 24, 2018

USA and German collaboration!

Yeah! I finished it. The top is pieced. The needle is still hot. Question to my husband: Should I attempt to quilt it myself or should it be done properly? It is a keeper. It's going to a longarmer!


The 9 blocks in the middle was a BOW project from the National Quilters Circle. The blocks are 16 inches finished and were available on their FaceBook site: NQC Quilt Block Challenge
This quilt was called Pleiades (something about the universe). 
The group has 43,561 members. I had to join but I enjoyed very much to see everybody else's color choices. I learned so much. The designer's quilt looks totally different.

After I had finished the 9 blocks I didn't know what to do ... make 3 more to have a rectangle? Didn't want it square. I was sure about that. Set the blocks "on point"? I put them aside for a while.


Then it was time to finish an UFO.

As you have seen on my blog I am also participating in a German BOM. Actually it is a ROM. You can look at all my 6 Heads / 12 Blocks (ROM) postings. I am looking forward to that every month. Again, I learned so much. The patterns can be found HERE and you don't have to join.
Thanks to Nadra, Gesine, Verena, Andrea, Katharina and Dorthe.
There is also a FaceBook group Quilt-Along 6Köpfe-12Blöcke.  

So, long story short ... I used the months March (stars) and July (zigzag).
For the stars I used my new method of making a tube first and then cut the HST. What a time-saver! And so accurate. For both rows I used my method to sew corners. Another time-saver. That was a lot of fun. Both of my helpful tips you can find behind the tab on top: Quilt Tutorials/Patterns.
If you use those, please leave a comment for me. I would love some feedback. Are my explanations clear enough?


2 comments:

einfach bunt said...

So beautiful! Your border idea is great!

Christa said...

Verena, das ist ein großes Kompliment von jemandem der so tolle Quilts/Nähereien macht. Ich sehe mir gerne Deinen Blog an. Ich danke Dir sehr.