Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July threads

This is my first Row by Row. I actually bought the kit because the proceeds go to a local charity. Still have to do the stitching around the appliqué. This was a quick and fun project.


This is a quilt I pieced at the "Stitchers" for charity. It was totally made with scraps out of the 2 1/2 inch squares bin (except for the gray). Very happy with it.


July Block Lotto. Fun but a challenge.


Ha, really. At the monthly meeting of the lacemakers I didn't take one photo of lace but these two of projects from our host Donna who also is a quilter.



The monthly meeting of the CR Quilter's was very nice. Phoebe gave a very interesting talk about sewing machine needles. I think I have to change my ways. So far I have only changed to a new needle when the old broke. Not good.
Show and tell was great too.





After the "Big Reveal" I could finally talk about it and brought my little quilt. I had covered parts of it to show the different stations of the Cotton Robin by uncovering.



Joan found something she had done years ago wondering what she could do with it.


Becky had just taken a class to make this table runner and mats.



And something I was working on at the Thursday Stitchers. The star centers made from 2 1/2 inch squares in the scrap bins and the star tips from the 5 inch scrappy squares.


But it needed something else. I decided on sashing and the three random yellow friendship stars. I am very pleased with it.


And besides all that I was also working on items for the St Martin's bazaar. And about that later.

No comments: