Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Montpelier quilt exhibition

In August I worked on the second quilt I had ever done ... when I didn't want to be a quilter. You know that story.

I borrowed the quilt from Sarah to add a sleeve for hanging and add a label. Yes, all quilts should have a label. I didn't know that when I made it. It is a rather large quilt.






The exhibition of the Country School Quilters group was in September at the Montpelier Center for Arts and Education. This is where we also meet every month. 


This is Sarah's quilt in the hall with the largest quilts.




When the technique used in a certain quilt intrigued me I tried to take a detail photo to study it. My friends in this quilt group are so talented, I have a lot to learn. They are all so generous to share what they know.








































I enjoyed looking at these pieces of art so much that I actually went twice to look at them. I am not sure though that I got a photo of all. And really, the photos don't show how stunning they all were.


No comments: