Thursday, December 19, 2019

St. Martin's Raffle 2019

The church ladies wanted a fundraiser. James' sister Jane in England came through for us again and cross-stitched the 24 Chrismons (again). With them I made another Chrismon Advent calendar. I think it turned out even nicer then THIS ONE.

I started with printing the 24 stars with numbers and the 24 explanations of the symbols on fabric sheets. I processed the sheets according to the instructions for them. Then I added double sided iron-on to the back side of these sheets.
The symbol explanations are used to close the backs of the ornaments.

The ornaments were constructed like I explained HERE! except these are square instead of round. I laid all ornaments out and paired the explanations to make sure each was on the right one before I started the ironing-on. 



I thought I was done but was not quite happy with the wallhanging. Something was missing.


I decided to iron-on some painstakingly cut holly leaves. I thought it was a great improvement.


The quilted wallhanging before December 1st when you start choosing the first Chrismon.


It is Christmas! Of course it would look different every year because you choose the symbol each day. It gives an opportunity for discussion ... especially since the meaning of the symbol is written on the back of each. Two over the door hooks and a rod is all what is needed. But you could also use 3M hooks on the wall you can easily take off after the season. 


The 1st of December was actually a Sunday and that was when the raffle ticket winner was drawn.



 I hope Maggie, the young lady who won it, will treasure it for years to come.


And guess what? I enjoyed making it. I already have another idea in my head and would love to know whether it would work.

* * * * *

I have been asked several times whether the cross-stitch patterns can be purchased. 9 of them are my designs ... because I needed 24 ... but 15 of them were from a very old booklet. I decided now to share all because the old patterns can't be bought anywhere. The original designer is not cheated out of any money. I don't want the patterns to get lost. 
This is in the spirit that  Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

Here are the PDFs:



24 stars and numbers (if you want to use this)

Since this is all free to you I would love to know when you used all this information. A photo of your finished project would make me very happy. 
Merry Christmas wishes from Christa

3 comments:

Yakatyak said...

Thank you for the patterns, I will b starting to stitch these for a wall hanging. My church ladies group are doing the beaded Crismons but my God-given talent lays in thread and material. Grandmother taught me cross stitch when I was for, it was love at first stitch! I will try to get photo when I finish it. Bless you and stay well.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing all these patterns!

Ann said...

What count of material did you do the square cross stitch Chrismons on?