Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Winter is coming

I started in September. Our bed needed a big quilt. We did not have one this big. There was one fabric, the flowery one, which I really wanted to use. I had bought it in Singapore and liked it very much. Most of the fabric is from my stash except for the light green one. It didn't look so "loud" in the shop. Once I started with it, I felt I needed to continue. I still like the pattern but not sure about my color choices.

The pattern was free as part of the FaceBook group NQC Quilt Block Challenge. Wow, I just looked it up. The group has 64,644 members. The design is "Medallion Mystery" by Toby Lischko of www.gatewayquiltsnstuff.com
To be honest, I like her color choices better. How knows, I might make it again.



This is how it evolved:







About 83 x 101 inches and finished (totally including sleeve and label) November 2019.

No comments: