Friday, December 12, 2014

William's birthday party and the blanket project

(Originally posted to my main blog May 20, 2014)

William had a birthday party and this is what we did.

Helen had a great idea the day before and I had cut 12 squares of muslin and ironed on freezer paper. I even had decorated/drawn on my square with the fabric markers to see whether it really works. Helen had asked me several days before whether I could make a really really light weight blanket for William for preschool. The hope now is that each guest (family unit) will make one square.



Guests arrived and really liked the idea of "the project". There were also games for the children and of course the food.





Days later Ute and I took the squares from the birthday party and finished William's blanket. It turned out really really nice.




No comments: